Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Parade of Artists

Too often I hear a student casually mention that their parent is an artist or mention enough to give indication that their parent or family member is super artsy, even if not by profession. 
Mrs. Majkowski teaches a special workshop on making jewelry with sea glass
I would love to meet and work with these parents whenever we can make the time..they should not be hiding if they are willing to teach a workshop to their child's class or to a grade-level!
I have implemented this program/resource at my school called 'Parade of Artists' which will be a database of local artists and super crafty people who have interest in presenting workshops or being guest speakers at Bear Tavern. I would love to compile these artists and share the lists with other schools in my district so that we can all 
INFUSE MORE ART INTO OUR PROGRAM and ENRICH OUR STUDENT'S LIVES!
My Principal, who is a rock star Principal in supporting art and creativity, just sent the info below to families so we'll see what response comes in but I am excited to bring even more artists to the school!


1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing idea! I am always looking for new ways to incorporate our community! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete